One of the most common places to get Botox injections is on the forehead. The injectable cosmetic treatment can help smooth out the appearance of expression wrinkles and horizontal lines.
Although it’s an FDA-approved and tried-and-tested cosmetic procedure that has been around for decades, myths and misconceptions about Botox are common. For those who are planning to get Botox on any part of their face, having complete and accurate information is crucial.
One of the top considerations for any potential patient is the cost. Here are some important things to take into account before getting and paying for Botox on the forehead.
How Much Does Forehead Botox Cost?
The exact price for any cosmetic procedure depends on several factors and can vary from person to person. Generally, Botox is priced per unit. Each muscle or area requires a specific number of units. However, this will vary depending on the depth of the wrinkle and the results the person wants to achieve.
For the forehead, most practitioners inject between 10 to 30 units for their patients, and charge on average between $10 to $25 per unit injected.
How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles without Botox
For those who are looking for a more natural solution to forehead wrinkles and fine lines, here are some methods they can try out:
- The appearance of Fine and superficial wrinkles can usually be improved with good skincare and proper sun protection. Use products that contain antioxidants, retinol, and peptides. Vitamin C is another beneficial ingredient that can protect the skin from further damage.
- Microneedling, a less invasive procedure, can be a good alternative to Botox. The procedure uses a roller-like tool with very fine needles that penetrate the skin’s surface and trigger healing and collagen production.
- Some laser treatments can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin texture after several sessions.
What to Do After Botox in Forehead
After getting Botox injections in the forehead, proper aftercare is crucial to prevent complications and ensure fast recovery. Below are some tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid touching or exerting pressure on the treated area for at least 24 hours
- Get enough rest and don’t drink alcohol
- Avoid using makeup
- Some people may experience slight pain after the procedure. This occurrence is rare, but it does happen. They can take painkillers, but should make sure to avoid the strong ones.
- Wait 24 hours before working out
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
How Long Does Forehead Botox Last?
The effects of the procedure typically last between 3 to 6 months. With the return of muscle movement, the lines and wrinkles will also start to reappear, but may look less severe. Further treatment is required to regain its smooth appearance.
How Often Should You Use Botox on the Forehead?
As mentioned above, forehead Botox usually lasts about 3 to 4 months. The effects of the first procedure may wear off sooner, but the succeeding ones can often last longer than that. Once the results have completely worn off, the patient can get a follow-up appointment with their medical provider.
Learn More About Botox
Botox is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that can help you get rid of fine lines and wrinkles quickly. Costs will vary on a case-to-case basis.
If you’re planning to get Botox on your forehead, consult with the right medical provider to make sure you’re making informed decisions.
At Aesthetiq Med Spa, we’ll make sure to provide you with accurate and complete information to help you with your decision. Contact us now to schedule a consultation. A younger, smoother look is just a phone call away.